Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic EC1 2D wind generator can't calculate the parallel side areas

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
563 Views, 7 Replies

Automatic EC1 2D wind generator can't calculate the parallel side areas

I hane noticed that the wind 2d generator in wind L/R or wind R/L cant calculate the parallel side areas...A B C in eurocode depends of the e and d value...am i right? and how we could fix it?

@Anonymous Artur Kosakowski moved the post to a new topic and edited the title for better findability

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Could you attach the Robot model and some screen captures which illustrate your point please? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

good morning...

In the pictures below i am trying to explain what i mean...excuse me if i was incomprehensible

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

As far as I can see you are trying to generate wind for a 2D Frame where you cant have front/rear wind (which A,b and C zones correspond to) as they would act in the direction perpendicular to a frame which is impossible for this type of a model. You should generate a 3D model instead.

Zones A_C.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Yes i am trying to generate wind according to eurocode...and also i am trying to understand how it works in robot...as i know eurocode in any wind case, for walls, consider A B C E D areas. Also in any wind case D and E are always the sides that the wind strikes...the results of generate wind show me that program doesnt generate pressure for areas A and B when we have l/R OR R/L WINd...maybe i cant understand something... thanks for the answers, i appriciate

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

And wind generate, as i can see, doesnt allow me to load members with wind pressures witch are in the sides that wind strikes in directions as front/rear and rear/front...is there a way to do this; 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

My assumption is that you want to see out of the frame loads generated for a 2D model. Such loads are created when you convert the initial frame into 3D structure with multiple 'basic' frames. I hope this move shows what I mean:

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report