Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesign steel member

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
734 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesign steel member

Hi all,

is it possible to run the autodesign without creating group?

I have 1000 elemnts and every floor has different loads and geometry.

I would like to autodesign the steel members choosing only 5-6 UB size and 3-4 UC size.

Thanks a lot

Giacomo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you mean that each element may have different section? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Yes exactly

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

From RSA webinar 3 on steel design:

"In order to find the best matching sections you need to create design groups. Usually they contain several elements of a model for which you want to assign the same section therefore in a situation when you want to design each of elements separately you have to create design group for each of them as well. This can be done automatically by typing “all divided by -1” string in the member list field and pressing the Enter key. Mind to set the correct material for each of the groups which usually is the same as the material defined for bars that belong to this group"

all_1.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
StefanoPasquini6790

Hi Giacomo,

I suggest you to download my API Dim Group Manager, it can help you strongly!!! It's very powerful.

Here you can download: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/api-get-data-to-create-dimensioning-groups/m...

Hope I help you, ciao

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report