Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API extracting force table with characteristic points

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1048 Views, 10 Replies

API extracting force table with characteristic points

Hi,

I have numerous force table to export to excel and I am trying to automatise the process using the API. The tables look like the one shown below:

Sans titre2.png

I need all the table data, including the exact point where the MIN and MAX occur. I am using the characteristic points as division points.

I tried to use the foceserver but it give the extreme value to a given point.

The RobotExtremeValue extract the extreme values in a given number of point. Should the extreme value occur outside the point selection and the MIN and MAX will not be quite right, and then the locartion.

Is there a simple way to export those tables to excel?

Thanks

Thomas

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Not possible by API to generate table with automatic characteristic points.

Only equal div points I_TCV_NUMBER_OF_DIVISION_POINTS

or as you wrote RobotExtremeValue server giving also as a result position in equal div point.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 11
jmmarin
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Dear @Rafal.Gaweda ,

regarding this subject:

If I call to RobotExtremeValue and obtain the position of the max or min values I may be loosing others characteristics values that are not the extremes. I try to explain by means of the following picture. The question is if it is possible to obtain the X values of the characteristic values in order to call to these values to obtain the value of the forces (using API). That way any value of force is omitted.

Sin título.jpg

Message 4 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: jmmarin

Hi @jmmarin 

Extreme values server works on discrete number of points. So You may use 31,51,101, 201, 501....

If we consider that Your model from picture is made from 2 bars you will get from extreme values server max and min on first span bar and the max and min on second (depending on vision points)

If it is one bar - You will get Extreme(Xmax1) and Extreme(Xmin1) and other You have to find by Your own code.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 11
jmmarin

hi @Rafal.Gaweda,

the beam is supposed continous in my example, so the maximum value between x1 and x2 is omitted. 

Other solution may be call to the table of forces in the beam, but showing the characteristic values. Then, extract the table to Excel and extract, by macro, the X values of the "characteristic values", which will always include all relevant forces. 

Now the question is if this table can be extracted by API but configured for the characteristic points.

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Hi @jmmarin 

Now the question is if this table can be extracted by API but configured for the characteristic points.

See post 2 above.

You can dump such table but not configure it with char points by API.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 11
jmmarin

Hi  @Rafal.Gaweda,

thank you for your reply. I have had to stop this code for a time...

Can you suggest any way to obtain by code the peak values that are ommited?. I mean, I can obtain max or min values (by invoking to ExtremeValues Server) but I have no idea to obtain the rest of the "peak local values" (right part of the beam in the figure above).

I can interpolate but, in principle, it is impossible to know how many of these points there are. 

Some idea will be appreciated. 

Regards.

Message 8 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Hi @jmmarin 

Can you suggest any way to obtain by code the peak values that are ommited?. I mean, I can obtain max or min values (by invoking to ExtremeValues Server) but I have no idea to obtain the rest of the "peak local values" (right part of the beam in the figure above).

No automatic way

I can interpolate but, in principle, it is impossible to know how many of these points there are. 

Some idea will be appreciated. 

501 or 1001 or ....  points ?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 11
jmmarin

Hi Rafal,
Yes, increasing the number of points may be a solution, but it can be omitting points yet, at least theoretically. In addition, it will slow down the execution...
Message 10 of 11
mohamed_bareche
in reply to: Anonymous

Salut @Rafal.Gaweda 

Est-ce que c’est possible avec l’API de capturer les valeurs min/max en couleur rouge et vert sur un diagram avec un code ?

Message 11 of 11

Salut @Rafal.Gaweda 

Est-ce que c'est possible avec l'API de capturer les valeurs min/max en couleur rouge et vert sur un diagramme avec un code ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report