Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API: CFT - Composite fillet tube column database creation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
StefanoPasquini6790
648 Views, 5 Replies

API: CFT - Composite fillet tube column database creation

Good MOrning,

I'm writing an API that run all the checks for CFT column (circular tubes) in Italy NTC 2008 (The same rules of Eurocode 4). The macro give to the user the option to check all the load combination that the user want, define the rebar distribution, change the material properties and run the optimization for construction cost. 

CFT.png

Unfortunately the API is still and only in italian language, I will translate it in English in the next days.

Comparing the results between the Robot composite cross section and all the design code checks, I can conclude that generally there is a difference of about 20%. For example, in my tests I noticed that the same bar with the same actions (CHS 508x10 in S355 steel, with C 32/40 concrete inside) in Robot the design ratio is 76% and in API the design ratio is 93.2%.

Well, it can be a good thing if it exist a way to rapidly create the database with all the CFT column properties. For example an API that automatically create the section from the spreadsheet data and save the sections in the user database, or in an apposite database, so that the user can run the optimization process in Robot (using the ratio limit at 75%).

tube properties.JPG

As Rafacascudo says, I noticed that the self weight of the composite section is always wrong, I edited it manually in the database. If possible, it can be added also the Ix and Wt data, calculated only for the steel pipe.

Hope to find a quick and automatic process...

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

For example an API that automatically create the section from the spreadsheet data and save the sections in the user database,

No way for such section thru Robot API

You may try to calculate section properties by your own and add it to xml database directly (xml is a kind of thext file)

or add it to robot as arbitrary section

arbitrarysect.jpg

then save it manually to database and adjust data in database

As Rafacascudo says, I noticed that the self weight of the composite section is always wrong,

Maybe this can help:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/composite-section-saving-to-database/m-p/583...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

emoticon.jpg

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 4 of 6

Hi everyone,

Coming soon database CFTApro.xml with all the data defined and corrected, to be used in addition with the API CFT column in Robot.

Stay tuned...

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 5 of 6

Hi everyone,

Here comes the Database of the CFT columns, wher I've set the steel tubular in S355 and the concrete in C35/45. If you need to change the material combination you can do it loading the single section from the collection in the compressed folder.

Enjoy.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

I am not used/tried it, but BIG THX for your work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report