Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varying rebar question

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Robby_J_B
191 Views, 6 Replies

Varying rebar question

Hello,

I have two settling ponds separated by a concrete wall. The two ponds have sloping floors, but the slopes are different. Please refer to attached images. My wall is attached to the floor of the left hand pond (with the steeper slope) and I am able to insert a varying rebar set as shown in image 2. I would like to do the same for the pond on the right hand side, but as the wall is not attached to that sloped floor, I am unable to get my varying set to follow the second sloped floor.

I can model them individually, but then they are also numbered individually.

Is there a way to create a varying rebar set that follows a plane or path, rather than the contours of its host ?

Or, is there a way to group individual bars as a varying rebar set ?

I would appreciate any assistance or suggestions.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
antonbond
in reply to: Robby_J_B

I see no issues setting the constrains to the face of the other floor for a second varying rebar set

antonbond_1-1712700074122.png

Message 3 of 7
Robby_J_B
in reply to: antonbond

Thanks @antonbond 

In your example, is the floor on the left also sloped? But at a different angle.

I tried the normal constraints, but it keeps the angle the same as the sloped floor that the wall is attached to.

Message 4 of 7
awes

Try following workaround. Add a fake wall and sloping slab.  Attach wall to slab. Add rebars to wall using face of wall and edge of slab.  Rehost the rebars to the original wall and delete fake wall and slab. 

Message 5 of 7
Robby_J_B

Thank you @awes , that works perfectly, exactly what I needed.

3.jpg

Message 6 of 7
antonbond

what am I missing? what's the issue with a simple constraint management? Both rebar sets hosted by the same wall. You pick slab face for one set and the other face for the other set. It's a few clicks task why looking for any workarounds?

antonbond_0-1712749875523.png

Message 7 of 7
Robby_J_B

Thanks @antonbond , you are quite right, the constraint tool does work perfectly. I am not sure what I was doing wrong the first couple of times I tried it, for some reason I could not get it to select the surface of the second floor, but I have it working now. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report