Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thickened Slab: "Could not create Slab Edge"

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
doni49
3081 Views, 5 Replies

Thickened Slab: "Could not create Slab Edge"

I'm trying to add a thickened slab edge to my floor slab. But when I attempt to use the profile that I made for this purpose, I get the old "Could not create Slab Edge" message.

My profile family is attached as well as a project file that I made for testing purposes (it has NOTHING but a slab).

Here's a sketch of what I'm needing it to look like -- the green lines are the slab before adding any thickened edge. The red lines are the boundary of the desired thickening.

RevitThickSlab.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: doni49

hello, im not sure if this correct, i tried it works. hope it helps. i attached back your files with amended slab edge. hope it helps. thanks

slabedge.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6
doni49
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks.  Someone over at RevitForum.org was able to assist -- I saw their reply before yours and since it worked, I haven't tried your version.

http://www.revitforum.org/structure-general-questions/29330-thickened-slab-could-not-create-slab-edg...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
ennujozlagam

Hello, that's good just replying your posted issue. Nice one. Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 6
HU5TLE

That link doesn't work. Not a solution. 

Maybe just post the answer here instead of making us chase it down.

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: HU5TLE

Place slab edges first when the floor is flat, then change slopes to the floor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report