Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag elements from IFC from Tekla

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
andy.vanslambrouck
766 Views, 5 Replies

Tag elements from IFC from Tekla

Hi all,

I use a lot IFC's that comes from Tekla in our projects to check and coordinate with our models. But now I was looking if I also could tag some instance parameters from this IFC.

I tried already to make a new annotation family and used the shared parameter file that comes with the IFC so I can use the parameters from this IFC in my annotation family and then use this annotation family in my project. In my case I had to make a structural framing tag.

The strange thing is, that some parameters works for tagging and with some others I don't have result from this IFC.

As you can see in the screenshot i can tagg some parameters, but for example the Top Elevation(tekla height) is not possible. Is there any reason why some parameters can be tagged and others not?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: andy.vanslambrouck

When you link an IFC file in Revit a shared parameter file is created (in the same folder as the IFC file). You can use one of those parameters to create a new tag

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 6

That's what I did. I used this shared parameter file in my annotation family and then load this family in my project where the IFC is linked.

But still the parameters I wanna tag doesn't give me result, and some other parameters I can tag from this IFC.

Message 4 of 6

Then consider uploading the IFC and we can have a look if we can find a solution or what the issue might be

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 6

Ok, 

I have uploaded the ifc and text file

Message 6 of 6

@L.Maas Any resolution? Some shared parameters will tag, others won't?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report