Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Framing with holes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
niteshpanchal
1411 Views, 5 Replies

Structure Framing with holes

Hello,

I like to create steel framing with round and slotted holes. I have created family for the framing in Revit but unable to create holes. Please help me.

Attached is the CAD file and Revit family for reference.

Thank You!

Nitesh Panchal

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hmunsell
in reply to: niteshpanchal

it looks like this is a "Metal Stud"? when we have used metal stud in our projects we only show that kind of modeled detail in a Detail with Detail lines. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
hmunsell
in reply to: hmunsell

here is a Quick and Dirty example. is this what your looking to do?

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

Annotation 2020-04-22 1658215.pngAnnotation 2020-04-22 165815.png need to use Void extrusion then draw the hole then from modify click cut then the beam then the hole.

Mostafa Elashmawy

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Hey Mosataf,

Thank you for your help but i am not looking to create family with holes. I like to create steel family which i can create hole in Revit project. But my client now do not need to show holes for all the studs.

Message 6 of 6
eglassman
in reply to: niteshpanchal

I would recommend creating a curtain panel family that includes the openings and see if you can work with that. Mullions are only represented as profile extrusions that cannot be edited in elevation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report