Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel connections - edit type takes too long

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
robert.jungergard
775 Views, 7 Replies

Steel connections - edit type takes too long

Hi,

When I apply a steel connection and I want to edit the type it takes about 20 seconds for the dialoge window to open and after that I must wait another 10 seconds to edit and modify the parameters. This isn't rational for me as I need to close the edit window and reopen the window to check my measure on my detail view, since I can't measure in the preview 3D window.

My workaround now is to override the instance of the steel connection (it is much faster, only a few seconds waiting time) and do my work there. When I am happy I take print screens of the chosen options/parameters and then I apply it to my "mother steel connection".

Should it take so long to open edit type on a steel connection?

I work in R2020

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

have you try to install latest updates form autodesk and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8

Hi, I will return with an answer next Thursday when the company will install the latest patches.
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I have the latest patches now for R2020 and it still takes about 30 seconds to open the edit type dialogue and another 30 seconds to "modify detailed parameters" when I am inside the edit type.

Do anyone have the same problem or have any tips I can try?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 8

Could you also share your computer specs?

Message 6 of 8

Am I missing another component?

Lenovo Thinkstation P520

GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
CPU: Intel Xeon W-2125 @ 4 GHz
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM 2933 MHz

Message 7 of 8

I've tried to turn off the preview when I go to Edit Type there's no change unfortunaly.

Message 8 of 8

I think your computer specs are good, but it could may well be other programs are running in the background. Have you checked the background processes to see if there is anything weird there? On the task manager, while you are editing the steel connections, observe your cpu, gpu, memory, and disk utilizations and see if there are spikes in the utilization graphs there. Also, check what those numbers are when your computer is on idle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report