Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar hosting circular wall with foundations - using free form rebar tool.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dorian.ionescu
402 Views, 4 Replies

Rebar hosting circular wall with foundations - using free form rebar tool.

Hello there,

The problem is that rebar does not expand to the lower face of the wall foundation when I use the wall face as a host. If I select a wall face (let`s say outer) and the bottom face of his wall foundation, the rebar form stops at the lower face of the wall or upper face of the wall foundations.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I do not think this is possible using Free Form Rebar with 2 different elements of varing widths as it appears to struggle to find the link between these points.

As a test i tried the same Free Form approach with a Foundation of the same thickness as the Wall and it worked without error!

jasoncolcombe_0-1693493395336.png

Changing the Foundation Width back to a normal value broke the association which sort of underpins the above point.

jasoncolcombe_1-1693493423648.png

I will try and seek a resolution but keep me updated too.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you... I tried it too, but it doesn`t seem to work. The problem is that the rebar can not be modified manually (purple line) when is created in free-form mode.

Message 4 of 5

Hi @dorian.ionescu 

You can define the bar by aligned distribution, selecting the outside face of the wall + the distribution path

ovidiu_paunescuautodesk_com_0-1694875833707.png

Then add hook at the bottom end, set workshop instructions to Bend (to match to rebar shapes) and edit the constraints to set the correct targets and faces

For the bottom end, select the bottom of the foundation and deselect the automatic target which is the bottom of the wall

Then for the top end, select the top of the foundation and deselect the top wall face

ovidiu_paunescuautodesk_com_1-1694875926829.png

For the long vertical bars, you can do the same placement, add hooks at start and end, set WI to Bend and edit constraints to set the bottom end to the bottom face of the foundation (at 0 offset to cover).

For both cases you can click the override hook lengths by distance and input a larger value for the hook length. To rotate the hook to the other side, you can apply a rotation of 180 deg. to the desired end. This keeps the shape matching because the bar is still 2D.

Attached a simple example.

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 5 of 5

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report