Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Slab Metal Deck

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
KIMRAMFI
688 Views, 9 Replies

Problem with Slab Metal Deck

Hi!

Ever faced issue like in the image? 

KIMRAMFI_0-1630582716949.png

The profiles are straight and mirrored from center RP. What the issue might be? 

I am using R2021.1.2

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ennujozlagam
in reply to: KIMRAMFI

check maybe this one <<help>>? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 10
KIMRAMFI
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Do you have any specific video from playlist? I dont have any problems with creating the slab metal deck. I just have strange problem with those two profiles what I attached. 

Message 4 of 10
gevanKGYB4
in reply to: KIMRAMFI

Could you just state what the issue is?

Message 5 of 10

For whatever reason, Revit does not seem to detect the start of the profile correctly. Did you draw the part on the right side first and mirrored it then at the central RP?

Your profiles work if you select all the lines and mirror them at the central RP without copying.

Maybe, somebody from Autodesk could comment and explain how Revit detects the start and end of a profile line.

Message 6 of 10

Hi!

I mirrored the other side. Did you get it to work by yourself by mirroring? 

I got the answer from autodesk and they said already that it is a bug and the development team is investigating it. 

Message 7 of 10

The two families that I uploaded are the ones that you created just mirrored at the the central axis.
They work both.
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for a try but still I don't get wanted result in my end. When using slab deck profile it should not create a bottom line at all.

I used here the 45 profile you created. 

KIMRAMFI_0-1630997278843.png

Message 9 of 10

Try this.

TTeichmann_0-1630998176972.png

Message 10 of 10

Now it worked when copied the profile from the project file. Thanks for your effort! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report