Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One truss family different sections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KlaudiaDiana
267 Views, 2 Replies

One truss family different sections

Hi,

I recently received a model from a different company. It is mostly a steel building and it includes a couple of different truss families. My understanding was that if you create a family called T16 it will be the same everywhere in the project.
I have just noticed that a couple of trusses from the family T16 have different sections in diagonals. How is that even possible? Obviously it is making the work of steel contractors very difficult and I would like to have different names (tags) for different trusses. Is there any way to fix that other than checking manually every single truss? the project is in Revit 2022

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ctm_mka
in reply to: KlaudiaDiana

Trusses can have the same members upon creating an instance if they are set in the Trusses type properties, but these can be changed after placement (ex. different web sizes) and is not required (also i suggest not setting this initially, as you will run into shared family issues, but that's another topic entirely). For types, use a tag that references the Type Name property, easy enough to create multiple types from the same family (ex. T16, T16A, etc.).

Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: KlaudiaDiana

@KlaudiaDiana wrote:

Hi,

I recently received a model from a different company. It is mostly a steel building and it includes a couple of different truss families. My understanding was that if you create a family called T16 it will be the same everywhere in the project.
I have just noticed that a couple of trusses from the family T16 have different sections in diagonals. How is that even possible? Obviously it is making the work of steel contractors very difficult and I would like to have different names (tags) for different trusses. Is there any way to fix that other than checking manually every single truss? the project is in Revit 2022

A truss can attach to roof  or a ref plane and the shape will change.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report