Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling column, beam and slab for concrete volume takeoff

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
959 Views, 1 Reply

Modeling column, beam and slab for concrete volume takeoff

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me some recommendation, how to proper modeling the column, beam and slab for volume take off. So I can use my revit model quantity takeoff to cross check with my hand calculation.

I have try to set the initial regulation to be used in BOTH in modeling process and hand calculating process for taking off such as 

1. the height of the column will go from base of the column to the bottom level of slab

2. beam length is in between two face of column AND the height of the beam is from the bottom level of beam to the bottom level of slab

3. The slab will be calculated in full thickness

I have a problem when the adjacent slab have different thickness

Thank you so much

Ps. I understand the the revit model will automatically avoid the redundant but I prefer to compare the volume part by part with my hand calculation. (Such as how much the concrete volume for COLUMN in  1st FLOOR). Again to cross check between the result from schedule and from hand calculation

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

You might consider to add (shared) parameter(s) with formulas to column family/families.
Depending on the data in the family you could create a formula that would calculate the volume.

Then you could use that parameter in your schedule.

it might require that you would have to add some parameters and manually fill that with some data (to compensate for difference between Revit actual and manual desired). Possible these values could be automatically filled in by using a Dynamo script.

We would need to see more (example project) to give more concrete advice

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators