Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joists

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
amy
Enthusiast
3400 Views, 7 Replies

Joists

How do I load joists into the project so I can insert them as a beam system? I am using Revit Structure 2012.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: amy

to simply load a joist, go to your insert tab> load from family panel> load family tool.

in your library, choose from your Structural folder, framing folder, steel (i'm assuming you're looking for steel joists,) and choose your joist type.

to make the joists part of the beam system, in your Beam System properties, make sure under the Pattern section, the Beam Type is set to your Joist type.

HTH.

Message 3 of 8
amy
Enthusiast
in reply to: Anonymous

That's what I have done but there isn't a joist profile under structural, framing, steel (or light gauge steel). The only joists I can find are in detail components but I am unable to load those as something that I can use as a beam system.

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

correct. 

The joists you load need to be found in the Structural > Framing subfolders.  Those are the ones that are "modeled" parametric families.  The Detail Components are just for 2D drafting.

Maybe when RST was installed, the family libraries got messed up?  There should be quite a handful of options for OOTB framing families.

ETA: Oh, and it's not a "Profile" you want. It will be a k-series family.  Attached is a screen shot of all the Steel Framing families I have available to me.

Message 5 of 8
amy
Enthusiast

This is what I have for options in that same location.

How do I get the others to show up? Do I need to reinstall Revit?

I believe I am also missing other objects that I have used with a previous company using 2010 Revit.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

just want to make sure you're looking in the right place.

Depending on if you have a local install or a network install... And depending on your country...

Should look something similar to:

<drive>:\Revit Structure\2012\Installation 64 Bit\Content\Libraries\US Imperial\Structural\Framing\Steel

Message 7 of 8
amy
Enthusiast

This is what it looks like (see attached).

But thank you, if I don't go to Canada and use US then I have a lot more options. So I will continue on and post again if I find another problem.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

OK then, ... Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators