Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inclined Rebar Constraint Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
guilherme_lopesK8ADB
179 Views, 3 Replies

Inclined Rebar Constraint Problem

Hello, I have a contained wall where I have placed rebars with constraints. One of the rebars is attached to an inclined surface and it is the only one that does not lock when I change the size of the wall. I have tried free form and sketch tools. Any ideas? Leave the image with the example below.

Thanks in advance,

Guilherme

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

im having the same problem with stairs steps, when the shape of the step is inclined or the "fan" stair type, when using free form it keeps getting stange shapes or even getting out of the step, i think this tool don't work too well, today we will have autodesk portuguese forum experts i will ask that.

Message 3 of 4

I can repeat here using the Retaining Wall Families and it seems to be related to the interaction between the Wall and Foundation element which is causing the Issue as indicated in Red below!

When trying on a Basic Wall with a Taper using with Sketch or FreeForm the Rebar adjusts to the Cover Reference when the wall slope is adjusted and I can only assume it is because it is a single element and loss of connectivity where there is no cover in the Red Circle.

jay_colcombe_0-1727250155955.png

Therefore you best option maybe in this instance to use separate instance in a Wall with a Taper and a Wall Foundation 

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately it does not work either. I tried it like in the image below and it doesn’t even constraint to the sloped wall. In the first example I gave in the post I even tried to do Foundation + Wall in the same family, and it never locks in the space you circled red. I guess Revit can’t lock in that space between wall and foundation when it is inclined.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report