Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export - Level of Detail

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
melanie.ernst
685 Views, 1 Reply

IFC Export - Level of Detail

Hello all!

I am trying to extract some information from an IFC file, however, it seems that either there are missing many things or I just failed to properly set the export settings.

The information I need is the following:

E.g: I have a lamp made out of 6 lights and some other things. Now I want to know where the light sources are exactly. Unfortunately, the IFC file only contains the type and instance parameters of the family as a whole without any details about the subelements of the family. Is there a way to export the additional information as well?

Same is for doors btw, here we have the door which consists of door frame, door handle, etc. But in the IFC file there is only information about the door as a whole, nothing about the frame or handle...

melanieernst_0-1667585282030.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

i think you can find an answer here
https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/draftr/2528/180213_IFC_Handbuch.pdf 

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report