Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create separate architecture detailed view and structure detailed view for same cut plane.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
REDO10
458 Views, 6 Replies

how to create separate architecture detailed view and structure detailed view for same cut plane.

Hi all 

I would like to create a separate detailed view for architecture presentation (to indicate only dimensions in the print sheets) and structural presentation (to indicate only detailed rebars in the print sheets) for the same vertical cut plan...so how can I do that please?

plan view.JPG

detail view.JPG

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
EdwinG
in reply to: REDO10

duplicate the section and set a different View Template where all rebar is disabled 

EdwinG_0-1646085057959.png

Message 3 of 7
REDO10
in reply to: EdwinG

Hi @EdwinG 

@EdwinG wrote:

duplicate the section and set a different View Template where all rebar is disabled 

Sure, I've done it before....but my problem REVIT don't let me select the cut's architectural symbol in plane view called Coupe 1-1 architecture to modify it's extension and setting, REVIT highlight only the section Coupe 1-1 structure to be selected!! (see pictures below)

detail section.JPG

architecture cut.png

and when I enter in Coupe 1-1_Architecture from project management tab I can't set correct visibility setting to show my drawn model lines!?  see picture below

visibility.JPG

how to solve those problems?

Thanks.  

Message 4 of 7
EdwinG

If element are on the same place you can toggle between those elements by pressing TAB

Hoover above your structural section and press tab then select the section below.

Message 5 of 7
REDO10

Hi @EdwinG 

@EdwinG wrote:

If element are on the same place you can toggle between those elements by pressing TAB

Hoover above your structural section and press tab then select the section below.

I've duplicate my section called Coupe1-1_Structure to Coupe1-1_Architecture from project management tab, but this section does not really exist in 2d view plane !!?? ....I had to make another one to be able to select it in 2d view plan.

another question: How can I permanently hide the line shown in the picture bellow and keeping dimensions shown?

hidden line.JPG

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
EdwinG

Don't dimension on the line you want to hide.

It is better to dimension your concrete elements, you can select a cornerpoint of the concrete by pressing tab (multiple) until a blue dot appears (can be very small).

Message 7 of 7
REDO10

@EdwinG 

As you see I've a dome and in the upper of the dome I've a voide and I can't select any element to have correct dimension that should be 3.60m

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report