Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i create this Wood structure correctly? How is the correct process?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ca.pinzon960
492 Views, 4 Replies

How can i create this Wood structure correctly? How is the correct process?

this is my model. But it is wrong.this is my model. But it is wrong.this is my model. But it is wrong.this is my model. But it is wrong.q4.jpgq6.jpgQ1.jpgHello. I am modeling this project in Glulam wood structure and it has been very difficult to me because it is not a "traditional construction"

This is the preview of what I have done in revit but I have serious problems with splices, joints and I can't find functions related to wooden structures
The project is complicated for me because 1) it has a circular plan with more than one radius of gyration. 2) It has a circular roof along the floor plan and that does not allow me to create wall surfaces inside the house either. the walls were crated as "Curtain wall" with wood frames, but the joinst are wrong

The structural parts as main columns, I made them following the central axis of each column in CAD and then joined as a component, but it also does not allow the placement of beams between the columns, some of which rotate in the X, Y, Z axis. 
How the hell do I correctly build this structure in Revit? I'm tired of doing all the tutorials on youtube, and none of them work for this case.

These are my questions:
1) how can I create those type of columns (start stacked in floor and finish in horizontal way) as one piece
2) How can attach rotated beams (alligned) to the center of column arc.

If someone can help me with comments on this, I will be very grateful.
Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: ca.pinzon960

Something like this?

ToanDN_0-1643004255248.png

Message 3 of 5
ca.pinzon960
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes! Exactly. 

How do you create that  type of structures?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: ca.pinzon960

See attached 2019 file and a screencast.

Message 5 of 5
ca.pinzon960
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you so much for your help. You took the time to make a video. I really appreciate it.

Wood and glulam structures are new for me in RVT. I suppose that this is the best way for do it.
Now to practice to finish.
Thanks again for share your knowledge  You saved my life. 

(please, dont delete the video)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators