Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footings minimum width and depth

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
johnpen
489 Views, 4 Replies

Footings minimum width and depth

Hi All, hope all is well, I am modeling my footings and would like to know is there any rule of thumb or simple formula to determine footing minimum width and depth. Thank you in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
_Vijay
in reply to: johnpen

It up to which standers you following. if you any doubts or clarification in Revit  while modelling you ask here.

Message 3 of 5
hmunsell

i would have thought that is something you would have learned in engineering school :-).

Are you looking for how do do analysis to determine you placed the correct footings? checkout some of these videos on structural analysis.

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/au-online?query=footing+analysis

Or are you looking for engineering formulas on how to design the correct footing. 

https://www.engineersedge.com/excel_calculators/structural_rectangular_spread_footing_analysis_calcu...

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
ennujozlagam

you can refer to this LINK and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 5
M.elmekawy

First, it is something you learn in the Engineering School

Second, it is determined in the design drawings according to the code you are using

If my answer helped you please mark as a solution, this helps others to find answers quickly........

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report