Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Proofing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wdvaden
1507 Views, 3 Replies

Fire Proofing

Does anybody have an easy way to handle Fire Proofing structural beams with an actual model? For instance… If there was a button that I could click on to turn Fire Proofing on or off on a structural beam. Or maybe somebody that has a family already built. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: wdvaden

There's no "easy" way to do it.

I've done it by adding custom parameters that do the math for the fireproofing thickness and then sketch another material layer (the fireproofing material) around the steel shape. You have to make a custom family for every shape you need to apply fireproofing to.

The one issue I'm still struggling with is that materials are not transparent. Thus when viewing a beam or column in elevation you see the fireproofing outline only and can't see the structural shape. This is okay behavior when linking into RAC; however, in the structural model I want to be able to see the steel inside the fireproofing.

I've attached one of my column famiies as a sample.
Message 3 of 4
wdvaden
in reply to: wdvaden

That's what I figured I would have to do. Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 4
acatonHL59J
in reply to: Anonymous

you can set the transparency for a special material and use it instead of the standard materials. in the families

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report