Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Reinforcement Data from Revit to IFC: Automating Host Element Parameters

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rekuster
163 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Reinforcement Data from Revit to IFC: Automating Host Element Parameters

Hello,

I work with structural concrete models in Revit, and for the calculation and design of the reinforcement of the structure, I use the TQS software. This software has a plugin that exports the elements and all data to Revit. For example, the reinforcement data of a column, as shown in the image, are exported as metadata in Mass parameters with the total kg calculated for each rebar diameter.

Parameters Column.png

However, the software has some limitations, and there are special elements where it is necessary to calculate and draw and/or model the reinforcement independently. This plugin cannot export this reinforcement because there is no way to link the element with the reinforcement drawing properly.

I need to export an IFC that contains these reinforcement data in each element. Ideally, I would not like to export the reinforcements themselves, just the data.

If I model the reinforcement in Revit, is there any way for the host element to have these data in this parameter automatically, without having to manually enter the data? Maybe a Dynamo Script?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Basselhesham1
in reply to: rekuster

you need the weigh of reinforcement hosted in an element filled into a parameter right ?

If so then yes this is achievable by dynamo, it will need a bit of work though you can probably use the Rebar.gethost node from BIM4Struc package while selecting all rebars in the project by category and from there you'll have a list of rebars and their hosts then you can calculate volume and weight and assign it into the parameters you want it sound easy but it'll require a lot of work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators