Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwg Layers

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hvcprecast
295 Views, 5 Replies

Dwg Layers

Hi how are you ,

I just have one question , on exporting from Revit to DWG ,
I import 100,s of precast wall panels to dwg but the views in the sheet have dimensions on them and it is being imported as a Layer A-ANNO-DIMS,
How can disable or make so that this layer does not import to dwg.
Thank you in advance
Please email to me at hvcprecast@saktel.net

John
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: hvcprecast

What you see is what you get.  Temporary turn off dimensions prior to export, or duplicate the view without dimensions and export that view.

Message 3 of 6
metehanhanedan

Hey,

you can specify which layers to be imported at the Import CAD window. Select Layers/Levels option as Specify and press open.

Layers.JPG

New window will pop up. You can select or deselect the layers to be imported.

metehanhanedan_0-1723015268796.png

Message 4 of 6
hvcprecast

Thank you very much guys. this is nice to know. I didn't know that But I'm still a little bit stuck with what I want to do.. I have 200 shop drawings. to export on every drawing. or project. And I would have to do that. on every sheet or export. I can export all 200 shop drawings at once. but will be a lot of work doing this with each one , I just thought there might be a way to do this on the import side

John
Message 5 of 6
hmunsell

View Templates (VT) are used to help control view visibility settings, among other things.  Make a View Template (or several) to control the views appearance for your different needs.

• Make one VT with the dimensions turned On
  • Make one with them Off
  • apply them as needed.  

VT's can be applied to a bunch of views at once from the properties window by highlighting them in the project browser. They can also be applied from a View Schedule.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
hvcprecast

Thanks guys every bit of info gave me tips to accomplish what i wanted to do , So what i did is i went in there a created a 2nd view but without dimensions .and then i exported these views

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report