Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting/editing an opening by face

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
loriano.giannonePVCSP
1396 Views, 5 Replies

Deleting/editing an opening by face

Hi everyone,

I have created multiple openings on structural beams which I now need to delete or edit. Is that possible??

I see this topic hasn't been discussed much, maybe because it's well known that this operation isn't possible.

Thank you all in advence for your responses.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I can select it, then just hit DEL

EdwinG_0-1645731312069.png

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply but this doesn't seem work for me with "opening by face" command. What Revit version do you use?

Message 4 of 6

2021, but it already worked with the earlier versions.

Message 5 of 6

I found this frustration too.  It should be this hard.  And i love the people who say "just select it and delete"!  

You would think that is how the software should operate, but it doesnt.  You have to find the opening from another view that allows you to tab-cycle through and select it.  This selection function isn't always available in any view.  I used a 3D strucutral view to select mine that wasnt available in the ceiling or floor plan views.  Maybe it is only feasible in the workplane it was created and 3D views that allow you to pan around and select it. 

I hope this helps. 

Message 6 of 6
jay_colcombe
in reply to: GrantBIM

I think the issue is with the Plan Views is the Cut Plane and unless it is through the Opening you will not see it and hovering over where you think it may be is not ideal but you can do a Pre-Select hover and see in Plan and then use the Tab Select option

jay_colcombe_0-1721806654279.png

jay_colcombe_1-1721806693076.png

Alternatively use a Crossing-Window Selection and then from the Modify|Multi Contextual Toolbar > Selection Panel > Filter

jay_colcombe_2-1721806738558.png

jay_colcombe_3-1721806756195.png

You can then also isolate the Opening 

jay_colcombe_0-1721807797906.png

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report