Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a stair with varying thickness

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
anacffaria
707 Views, 2 Replies

Create a stair with varying thickness

Hi
I'm quite new to Revit and I'm trying to model some stairs. I've been searching online on how to solve the problem that I'm having at the moment.

I need to do a run of stairs that varies in thickness with a landing that varies as well. To be more precise the run should start with a thickness of 140mm and increase up to 180mm while the landing starts at 180mm and finishes at 220mm. The  risers should have a constant height and the stair shoud be "stepped".

Is this possible? If so can anyone explain it to me or direct me to some good content that allows me to do this?
Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: anacffaria

You could create stairs with thinnest floor thickness. Then you could add a floor element to vary the thickness

Alternatively you could model the stairs as a loadable family and not use the stairs tool

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
anacffaria
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks for your help!

I did a family using extrusion to build the shapes I needed. It worked out great apart from one detail I can't figure out.
My whole stair is in one family, but for taking drawings I'm taking view plans by portion. The thing is, my stair won't be hidden below my bottom plan in the view range. Do you have any idea on how I can solve this? 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report