Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete beams disappear in plan after joining

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kh_jea
165 Views, 3 Replies

Concrete beams disappear in plan after joining

Our office is trying to find a good method for displaying overhead beams in a floorplan. The "detail line trick" AutoDesk proposes only works for level beams, but doesn't work when it is placed on a slope.

I'm trying to use the "Show family pre-cut in plan views" and then have a V&G override on the edges. This works to a certain extent.

When joining 2 beams, the lines disappear. Unjoining doesn't make the beams reappear. Neither does copy. The beams are visible on coarse. Yet in the family itself it's set to always show, regardless of detail level.

There also seems to be a difference between Concrete and Precast Concrete in visibility.

Knowing Autodesk fabulous reputation on consistency, I'm guessing this is a feature and not a bug.

kh_jea_0-1673526071640.png

The beams in the screenshot all have the same height and are at the same level. Only the beams that are joined are still visible.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: kh_jea

Turn on Underlay and set it to look up.

Message 3 of 4
kh_jea
in reply to: ToanDN

But will also show other elements. It may work on some plans/levels, but not all.

I would like to find a method wich works in 90% of the cases.

I would als like to know why the beams behave so unexpectedly.

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: kh_jea

If you nest a shared generic model in the beam family then it should show when located above the cut plane but below the top of the view range.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators