Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you place single rebar elements and then group them into a set?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
533 Views, 1 Reply

Can you place single rebar elements and then group them into a set?

Hi there,

So i have a query. I do not want to use the rebar set for column "starter" bars as i need to change the orientation of each bar in the foundation as the column is eccentrically placed. This obviously cant be done in a set hence my request. (perhaps this can be looked at to be added in as a function by revit).

also i am wanting the 'set' attribute to my bars as when i create a schedule it picks up individual bars and not a set. for example i want my schedule to read "4 - per member' and total 8, with 2 similar foundations with starter bars. see below:

daneH9E5H_0-1598516926116.png

I manipulated the schedule to get the values correct, besides the 'per member value' of my starters which i cant figure out, it will be much easier to sort out if i could group/set my starters. and i wont be able to use this schedule as a template as each time ill have to calculate and manipulate the values which will be a nightmare.

Please assist.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
schnierer.gabor
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Maybe if you add add some pictures, it would make it easier for us to understand your goal.

Have you considered using the 'Assembly' functionality? By assembling each foundation's rebar cage, you can create schedule for each instance or all instances' grand  total.

Hint: you can add assembly schedules to normal sheets. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators