Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not Splice Rebar - Revit 2025

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
codemz28
834 Views, 9 Replies

Can not Splice Rebar - Revit 2025

I'm encountering an issue with the splice rebar feature in Revit 2025 when trying to apply it to an Adaptive Generic Model; the feature works correctly with Generic Model In-Place, but not with the Adaptive Generic Model, where the selected rebar does not get cut as expected. I've ensured that the rebar model is correctly positioned and oriented, and I’ve checked relevant settings and parameters, but the problem persists. Has anyone faced a similar issue or have any solutions to make splice rebar work with Adaptive Generic Models? Are there any specific tips, tricks, or steps I can try? Thank you for your assistance and advice.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jay_colcombe
in reply to: codemz28

I can repeat here also!

I can only assume its a limitation?

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 10

Message 4 of 10
codemz28
in reply to: jay_colcombe

Thank You for your reply
Have you ever tried creating a family model with an adaptive generic model and doing a long concrete reinforcement that required using rebar splices?

Message 5 of 10
jay_colcombe

No sorry, I created a very similar shape to yours for the centre section containing the Rebar using a Model In-Place Component and it worked without issue so can only assume it has something to do the Adaptive Family and how Revit and Rebar assigns it as a Host in the model when splitting?

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 6 of 10
ovidiu_paunescu

Hi @codemz28 

This behavior is due to a current issue with copying rebar in generic adaptive hosts that contain other nested shared generic adaptive families.

As a workaround, you can remove the "shared" property of the families inserted in the main family. 

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 7 of 10
codemz28
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

I have tried to remove all shared parameters within my family, but the issue remains the same. Here is an example file with the shared family parameters already removed

Message 8 of 10
ovidiu_paunescu

Hi @codemz28

I was referring to nested families inside your main family that are shared.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-C869D633-4714-4A6E-8B0B-F55A1C13C056

I think you need to remove the nested shared families, edit those families and uncheck the shared option, then insert it back into your main family. 

Message 9 of 10
codemz28
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

Yes, I think I have done it. I have disabled all shared parameters in both the main family and the family I included in this family. Could you please check the sample2 file to see if this is what you meant? Thank you.

Message 10 of 10
ovidiu_paunescu

@codemz28 yes, I see the nested families are no longer shared and splicing and copying rebar works in sample2.rvt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report