Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEAM SECTION VARIABLE AND NESTED PROFILES

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
massimiliano.battisti
868 Views, 4 Replies

BEAM SECTION VARIABLE AND NESTED PROFILES

Hi,

I'd like to make a structural framing based on a sweept blend and two different profiles (HEB).

It's all clear about the geometry, less clear how I can retrieve (if I can) the profiles parameters and use them to assign a vertical offset with a formula.

Ex. Vertical Offset 1 (default blend offset) = d1 (structural framing parameter) = d (my chosen profile 1) /2.........

....the same for the number 2 (look at the screenshot attached probably it's more clear)

I've got how to associate the blend parameters to the structural framing and now I'd like to read the profile heights in order to inform the MyOffset1,2 that I've created.

Idk if it's clear but basically I'd like to read the infos inside the profiles, extract them, and use them in formulas in the structural framing environment

massimilianobattisti_0-1644860716191.png

thank you very much,

pls let me know 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Place dimensions witnessing the start and end profiles or geometry of the blend, and associate them with Shared Reporting parameters d1 and d2.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

@ToanDN 

thank you very much for the quick reply.

Can I kindly ask you to check this?

1. I have the geometry

2.I have to make the vertical dimensions (inside the blend itself is not possible and it turns grey and not associable to any parameter)

3.I have the shared reporting parameters d1 et d2 associated to my dimensions

4. I have myVertical Offset 1 et myVertical Offset 2 as instance parameters to bind with a formula to d1 et d2 (in my case

-d1 /2 or -d/2)

5. In the blend geometry properties I can assign Verical Profile Offset (in Profile 1 et 2 groups) to myVertical Offset 1,2

I've done these passages please let me know if in your opinion there's something wrong or not precise

thank you very much for your help

Message 4 of 5

@massimiliano.battisti wrote:

@ToanDN 

thank you very much for the quick reply.

Can I kindly ask you to check this?

1. I have the geometry

2.I have to make the vertical dimensions (inside the blend itself is not possible and it turns grey and not associable to any parameter)

3.I have the shared reporting parameters d1 et d2 associated to my dimensions

4. I have myVertical Offset 1 et myVertical Offset 2 as instance parameters to bind with a formula to d1 et d2 (in my case

-d1 /2 or -d/2)

5. In the blend geometry properties I can assign Verical Profile Offset (in Profile 1 et 2 groups) to myVertical Offset 1,2

I've done these passages please let me know if in your opinion there's something wrong or not precise

thank you very much for your help

Does it work in the end?  If not, share your family here we can take a look?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Sorry for waiting! It works fine, thank you, now next step will be to manage the profile types within a .csv files.

Level up!!!

Thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators