Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a thickened slab edge to a sloped slab

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
soriale
72 Views, 1 Reply

Adding a thickened slab edge to a sloped slab

I have tried to use a model-in-place to add thickened slab edge to a sloped floor, and it didn't follow the slope.

And then I tried flattening the floor and adding the slab edge and adjusting the floor elevations again, but it also didn't work. I can't get it to follow the floor slope.

soriale_1-1719837843952.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jay_colcombe
in reply to: soriale

Please try one of the following methods.  (The first 2 relate to actual placement which is more difficult with slopes)

Method 1
If you are using the slope arrow to slope your slab, you can flatten the slab, add the edges, and then re-slope it. The edges will follow the slope.

Method 2
If you are using the Slab Shape editing tools or you do not want to flatten the slab, you can draw a model line along the sloped slab edge. You can then select this line when placing the slab edge, rather than the slab itself.

Method 3
Model In-Place Sweep and create the Sweep manually and ensure you fill in the missing slope element (you could use the existing Slab Edge as a guide then delete after)

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators