Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new assembly is incorrectly created when copying assembly that contains a specific family

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
danBRVB5
276 Views, 2 Replies

A new assembly is incorrectly created when copying assembly that contains a specific family

Hello,

I've created an assembly that contains the Autodesk Family "M_Precast Column - Rectangular - Single Layer Difform Corbels". when copying or creating a new instance of this assembly a new assembly type is created, even though there were no edits made.

new assembly type.jpg

This happens both on Revit 2022 and 2023, and only with this specific family.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
peticid
in reply to: danBRVB5

Hi Dan,

This is an issue we have to investigate, to see what's happening. Thank you for reporting it to us. I filed a internal problem report and our team will look into it. I'll follow up with you once we know more.

Kind regards,

Dan Peticila, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Product Manager | Autodesk Revit

Message 3 of 3
peticid
in reply to: danBRVB5

Hi Dan,

Our team looked into this and the issue is caused by the presence of 2D planar geometries in the family. More specifically, the Formwork Symbol family has a circular filled region in it. It looks like there is a problem when comparing assemblies containing non-solid geometry. 

As a workaround, we suggest that instead of a filled region, you use a simple line to create the symbol geometry. 

Meanwhile, we will look into how to fix this problem. Thank you for helping us identify this situation.

Kind regards,

Dan Peticila, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Product Manager | Autodesk Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report