Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D simulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
832 Views, 3 Replies

5D simulation

Hi,

I'm newbie into BIM industry and in using Autodesk tools. I'm slowly getting to the BIM progress, while the requirement of 5D simulation request raised from client side in the structure model that we produced using Revit 2020. I googled to acquire the  knowledge of 5D simulation, i came to know there are many softwares available to perform this. Here my confusion is can't we do the 5D simulation in Revit? if so, Pl help me how to perform that. Or we need to use Navisworks to do this. Also, our client has asked us to use Synchro pro to perform 4D simulation. Can we do anything with this software?

Pl help me providing any study material, guidelines, video links, example files and basic advise about 5D simulation. Your help would be appreciated! Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: Anonymous

4D and 5D are done in Navisworks/synchro 

you can find navisworks tutorials on https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/learn 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuAUsaWgaIum9iV8fRkSwQOyeLfLehbgL 

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
roquealfonso
in reply to: Anonymous

When you work under the BIM methology, your scope could reach different dimensions. 

- BIM 3D:
Just the 3D-model, for that you could use REVIT.

- BIM 4D:
It's the 3D-model + Project Schedule, for that you must combine REVIT+NAVISWORKS/Synchro +MS PROJECT/PRIMAVERA P6. You can perform a 4D simulation of your project with Navisworks or Scynchro by incorporating your project's model from Revit, and your project's schedule from MS Project or Primavera P6.

- BIM 5D"
It's the 3D-model + Project Schedule + Project Budget. 
With a cost management software such as RIB Spain Presto, you can import information from your Revit Model and with that info perform your project's schedule. 

I hope that helps with your doubts!

Message 4 of 4

@roquealfonso thank you for providing the descriptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators