Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition From Sanitary to Vent Pipe

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
581 Views, 1 Reply

Transition From Sanitary to Vent Pipe

I know others have asked this question but I have been unable to find a solid solution... I am attempting to connect two different pipe systems (vent and sanitary) and I can get it to work (sort of) when I use a transition family that is mech equipment family. However this makes it rather hard to place on the pipe in the right location. I am trying to use the pipe accessory family (as an endcap so it places at the end of my run) and set each connector to a system but something is not working correctly. It seems that setting the system classification on the connector has no effect on the pipe that is drawn from it, and if one pipe system changes the other does as well. Any ideas or solutions that you have used to solve this problem? I can provide the family if it will help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The CTC MEP productivity pack has a great solution to this: https://ctcsoftware.com/product/mechanical-electrical-plumbing-productivity-pack/

I believe what they did was change the connector types on the fittings that the vent would normally tie into.  So a sanitary tee would have sanitary connectors for the branch and down connectors, and then a vent connector for the top.  I don't know for certain because I've never had to look at it closely. They took that fitting and built it into a bunch of fixture groups.  Typically all you have to do is drop in the fixture groups and your good to go.  Very rarely am I dropping in individual fittings. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report