Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Project Standards not working at all

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
6910 Views, 10 Replies

Transfer Project Standards not working at all

Hi,

I'm trying to use Transfer Project Standards to bring some view templates across from one project to another however it is not doing anything at all.

I'm trying to copy from one existing project to another however it just thinks for a second and then doesn't actually do anything. I have also tried setting up a blank project and transferring the view templates to it but again nothing happens. Nothing seems to happen for any Transfer Project Standards settings.

Any idea why?

I'm running Revit 2017.2.3, build number 20171027_0315.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

It does work when done properly.

Are you sure you are copying from the correct project? You need to have it open.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 11
Secttor
in reply to: RobDraw

hi @Anonymous

Here's the workflow : 

Project 4 - Source project with "Transfer View Template" created.

Project 5 - I need to transfer from Project 4 (you see there Copy from: Project 4 ) that View Template. Manage - Transfer Project Standards - select View Templates and ok. 

You will have it transfered from Project 4 and ready to use. 

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Revit MEP - Electrical Certified Professional
Revit MEP - Mechanical Certified Professional

Draftworks.wordpress.com
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Secttor

I'm aware of the workflow and how to do it, what I'm saying is that when I do that it doesn't actually do anything.

I've played about with it some more and narrowed it down I think to a problem with our view template, for some reason it won't transfer project standards to it even if the project itself is blank. I can transfer standards to a project created with no template though.

Message 5 of 11
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm aware of the workflow and how to do it, what I'm saying is that when I do that it doesn't actually do anything.

I've played about with it some more and narrowed it down I think to a problem with our view template, for some reason it won't transfer project standards to it even if the project itself is blank. I can transfer standards to a project created with no template though.

I think you mean it is a problem with the "project" template, not the view template.

Has this project template been upgraded through the years? If so, it might be time to rebuild it from scratch.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 6 of 11
hmunsell

Toby,

i have having the same issue. i can not transfer specifically View Templates from project to another. i can transfer other categories, but not view templates. also, it seems i can transfer from 2 to 1, but not from project 1 to 2.  there both in Revit 2017 latest build, and they were both either upgrade from an older version or made from an upgraded template. out of all the project we have active in house, this is the only project i am having this issue with.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
bogdan.tofan
in reply to: hmunsell

When transferring items from one project to another, I recommend this app:

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=1090472181312958476&appLang=en&os=Win64 

You can do more settings and it worked for me every time. Plus..it is free. 

Message 8 of 11
hmunsell
in reply to: bogdan.tofan

nice program. it sort of worked.... out of 22 VT's needed, it transferred 10 of them. the rest i got errors on that said "Exception: Copying one or more elements failed." i guess at least i know which VT's are causing issues.

question is why only these VT's and only between these 2 files. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Basam.Yousif

The TPS does not always work, and that is a known Revit issue. 

I have identified a few workarounds and solutions, but none of them really makes it fully work, and you will still have to do a manual transfer and checking after the fact. Here are my findings:

1. Families do not transfer with this tool. Export them from the source file and upload them manually PRIOR.

2. Link in "placeholder models" if your view templates and filters target them. Otherwise, the VTs won't be completely transferred. THIS SAME concept also applies to subcategories, filters, phases, design options, custom view scales, etc. 

3. Link the correct shared parameters file PRIOR and also use the TPS tool to transfer ONE item only: "Project Parameters" ... all these steps are in preparation for running the full TPS, and what you have to do is to bring in the parameters and the families needed for when TPS runs.

4. Another nasty item that fails to transfer is "Elevation Types" and even after all the above performed. Items like this will have to be manually transferred over by a copy and paste.

Message 10 of 11
Hakim_Boucekkine

If you want to copy the element from the project 2 to the project 1, you need to open them both than you go to the project 1 and do this. Some people open the project 2 and try to transfer the element to the project 1 it does not work like that.

Message 11 of 11
RachelGomez161999

Open both the source and target projects.
In the target project, click Manage tab Settings panel (Transfer Project Standards).
In the Select Items to Copy dialog, select the source project for Copy from.
Select the desired project standards.
Click OK.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report