Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tee Fitting angle Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bryan.brionesg
846 Views, 5 Replies

Tee Fitting angle Problem

Hello, I need to make a pipe system with a pipe fitting in 45 degrees but when I connect it to the system the pipe automatically changes to 135 degress.

I tried to flip it and correct the angle manually but when I connect it, it keeps me giving a 135 degrees tee

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I assume problem is in the tee fitting family with wrong angle direction. Direction of tee angle is calculated according to flow direction in a pipe. Could you share the tee family, I will have a look.

Message 3 of 6

Hi, I'm afraid I can't share the family because it is property of company.

But I found a way to fix this problems.

Apparently the tee family only work in the position that was created. For example I opened de family and I realized that the tee family has a connection on the right. So I tried to make a mirror in my project with a pipe and the tee on the left and it work.

Unfortunately I have to do it every time I want a tee in that way

Message 4 of 6

Has anyone determined a more permanent solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Adam

Message 5 of 6

The problem comes from the pipe flow direction. In the image of the original poster, the program is assuming that pipe flow is intended to be from the right to the left, with the angled pipe being downstream. Since it's downstream and flow is assumed to be from the right, it bends the angle like that.

The short answer: build your pipe network properly.

The long answer: Make sure connectors for equipment are consistent with their purpose (check the 'Getting into the Flow' white paper for support). Properly pipe from connectors to pipe mains of the correct system type. Avoid connecting one system type into another (ie Sanitary/Vent) without an accessory family that keeps the two systems distinctly separate. Avoid having active pipe systems with multiple open ends (cap the ends of mains if you're working on the branch lines). Avoid pipe loops unless you are setting up a primary/secondary bridge.

When you have a pipe system that is all correct connectors and one open end, Revit calculates flow direction properly. When you start to deviate from that by having multiple open ends or incorrect connectors, Revit has to assume. You don't want Revit to assume.

Message 6 of 6
fabiosato
in reply to: bryan.brionesg

Hello,

The best way to avoid such problem, is to create a family that will look ok at 135 and 45 degrees.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report