Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging Ducts from ceiling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
341 Views, 3 Replies

Tagging Ducts from ceiling

Hello Revit users, thank you for stopping by.

I know this topic is not the most favorite here, but I need to tag ducts from the upper part of the rectangular duct to the lower part of the ceiling, and the same for the pipes "but from it axis"

I tried to work around this issue and created levels based to lower part of each floor, however everybody will draw in those levels.

Thank you for the Help, have a good day.

Dims.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
amdesoky87
in reply to: Anonymous

you can use the( spot elevation) tool and when you select the tool from "annotion tap " then "Dimension" the "spot elevation"  .

after selection the tool you can the reference level you want to tag from from " relative base " 

in your case select the above level or create any level you want and you will find it in  " relative base " then tag 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: amdesoky87

It's really wired that Autodesk hadn't include it in the tagging parameters. If you ask any technician who installs ducts or pipes of any kind they will answer that they measure from the ceiling down, Because that is easier for them 

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 4
amdesoky87
in reply to: Anonymous

you are right , but i think the spot elevation tool will achieve that you want .  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report