Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit family extrustion

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wienholdb
483 Views, 8 Replies

Revit family extrustion

I have created a simple L shaped extrusion but when I go to align the two ends with the object it is supposed to sit on the end that gets aligned moves the whole object and keeps its length instead of "stretching to that new length". The length of the extrusion is tied to 2 reference planes and is dimensioned by a instance parameter. You can however stretch the two end by pulling  the nodes. it would be much faster to use the align tool..... Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: wienholdb

Share the family here.

Message 3 of 9
wienholdb

Its made to stick to the top of a cable try and show the above and side clearance. The length is the only problem. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 9
ToanDN

Try this.  I have no problem aligning the edges.

ToanDN_0-1691080599738.png

Message 5 of 9
wienholdb

It works inside of the family but when it is actually placed in a model the object sticks to one size. When aligning one edge to something the other end moves with it. 

before aligning

wienholdb_0-1691083593759.png

after aligning 

wienholdb_2-1691083638151.png

I would like the model to "stretch" to the left end instead of simply moving

Message 6 of 9
ToanDN

It work in a project here.

align family.gif

Message 7 of 9
wienholdb
in reply to: ToanDN

wienholdb_0-1691085532504.pngwienholdb_1-1691085547827.pngwienholdb_2-1691085566057.png

Thats exactly what I want to happen and when I follow the exact steps you are even in a new project I am getting the result above. I really appreciate all the help! 

Message 8 of 9
wienholdb

Simply had to restart revit.... Thanks again!

Message 9 of 9
craigjonnson

Pleased to hear that you had this resolved. Would you mind accepting Toan's response as completed, it helps the forum members know that a particular question has been answered.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report