Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Energy Analysis HVAC Load Report Generation Error

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
jhazrat
1612 Views, 19 Replies

Revit Energy Analysis HVAC Load Report Generation Error

Hi All,

I have issues with Revit all version of Revit including 2023 Energy Analysis. When I create energy analysis "A Simple Model" Revit doesn't generate HVAC load and Sizing report and I get this msg: EnergyPlus simulation did not generate a report for systems analysis. However, when I take the same model to my other laptop Revit generate report. I'm using windows 10x64, Revit 2023. Invidia GTX-1660 Ti. Laptop: Surface Pro Book. FYI: there is no EnergyPlus error file get generated. I am 100% sure that the energy model setup is correct. I appreciate if anyone has any idea how to fix this. The following has been tried:

1-Windows 10 Complete factory reset,

2-Fresh installation of Revit 2023 and all contents

3-Allowed Revit to use GTX graphic card

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
dyp4f
in reply to: jhazrat

If an eplusout.err file is not created, then a possible cause is that there are spaces that are shared between more than one Zone Equipment

Message 3 of 20
jhazrat
in reply to: dyp4f

there is only one space and one zone. I run the same model in my other laptop with Revit 2023, the simulation runs with no error and generates report. This only happens at work laptop Surface pro Book. 

Message 4 of 20
dyp4f

In that unique zone, do you possibly have multiple equipment ?

Message 5 of 20
AmmarD

Other users also reported a similar issue, for example in this post. I also had the same issue as mentioned in my reply to the aforementioned post which I am quoting below: 

"I had the same issue described. Systems Analysis worked on one laptop while it didn't for another when trying to run energy simulation for a simple zone. I went through this Github post and updated OpenStudio as mentioned in the post and now I can see the generated report."

Message 6 of 20
jhazrat

My windows is updated to the latest window 10 version. Download open studio (latest Version) that didn't help. When I run the workflow using command line, it seems the model runs given warning about missing weather file. I tried copying Open studio content in Revit CLI folder, now I get different problem, it keeps going forever. Still no report.   

Message 7 of 20
jhazrat

Windows Information:

Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1862)

Computer: Surface Book 3, GTX 1660 Ti

Revit 2023

Message 8 of 20
AmmarD

Follow these steps:
Install OpenStudio SDK Ver 3.0.0, copy the “bin” and “EnergyPlus” folders from “C:\openstudio-3.0.0” and paste in "OpenStudio CLI for Revit 2021".

This worked for me at least in getting the analysis report. I am using Revit 2022.1

Message 9 of 20
jhazrat

Thank for the help. I think for now I will give up using Revit Energy Analysis until they figure out how fix this issue. This could also be some hardware issue like graphic card or something that prevent this. I don't understand why my MSI gaming laptop with the same windows OS build doesn't have this issue but the surface book 3 has issues. 

Message 10 of 20
iainsavage

@jhazrat wrote:

Thank for the help. I think for now I will give up using Revit Energy Analysis until they figure out how fix this issue. This could also be some hardware issue like graphic card or something that prevent this. I don't understand why my MSI gaming laptop with the same windows OS build doesn't have this issue but the surface book 3 has issues. 

Read part 10 of the post which @AmmarD directed you to. Its the processor type which is causing the issue and Autodesk assure me that they and NREL are working on a solution.

Message 11 of 20
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage

Sorry, its the chipset on the motherboard that causes the issues rather than the processor.

My mistake.

Message 12 of 20
iainsavage

Apologies again, it IS the processor type, not the motherboard chipset (I'm just a pc user, not a tech geek).

This is the exact text from the email which support sent me and this should match what is on the official help page in the link above:

"NREL confirmed this issue on the computers with following Intel architectures:
• Intel(R) Cannon Lake CPU
• Intel(R) Ice Lake CPU
• Intel(R) Ice Lake server CPU
• Intel(R) Tiger Lake CPU
• Intel(R) Alder Lake CPU
• Intel(R) Sapphire Rapids CPU
NREL is working on the solution. After solving this issue, their components will be tested and updated in Revit.
Since the reason was found (I checked the data we collected on your computer, your processor is Tiger Lake, U series.  (Processor = Intel64 Family 6 Model 140 Stepping 1, GenuineIntel)),"

Message 13 of 20
HVAC-Novice

Oh, good. Only the majority of all modern CPUs of the largest manufacturer DON'T work. 

I wonder if they didn't mention AMD since you had an Intel CPU and they just didn't bother listing all the AMD CPUs this doesn't work for? 

Assuming people that use BIM or energy simulation use modern hardware, and most oob PC use Intel, the software developers managed to exclude 70+% of the potential user group. 

Revit version: R2025.2
Message 14 of 20
mromagnoli

Dear community friends;

Dear friends of the community, finally I found a very simple solution to solve the error "EnergyPlus simulation did not generate a report for systems analysis" and I want to share it with us.

mromagnoli_0-1661005193426.png

Simply put, it is an update to the OpenStudio that Revit uses to process all Energy Analyses  🤔

👉Watch the following video for more details - https://youtu.be/jUtnFJKwHzE 👀

mromagnoli_4-1661005193549.png

If you found my comment useful or it was the solution to your problem, give it a Like and Mark it's a Solution!

Best wishes! 😎

Arq. Marco Romagnoli

AutoCAD Certified Professional | Revit Certified Professional | 3Ds Max Certified Professional | Fusion Certified User | Autodesk Certified Instructor | VRay Certified Instructor

Message 15 of 20
RobDraw
in reply to: mromagnoli

Congratulations, you found a solution that worked for you. Did you really need to post it six times?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 16 of 20
jhazrat

Suggested Solution didn't work. 

Message 17 of 20
utech.udara

I tried this solution. Yet doesn't seems solving the problem in Revit 2022 😞

Message 18 of 20
lim.wendy

Hi @jhazrat,

Thanks for posting. It seems the issue you mentioned is specific to the environment; in your case, it only occurs in your Surface Book 3 laptop. Another suggestion: Try logging in as another user and test. 

For others facing similar issues, and if the error is not specific to the environment, try the troubleshooting steps mention in the following articles:

"EnergyPlus simulation did not generate a report for systems analysis" after running System Analysis...

Troubleshooting: Systems Analysis

Remember to mark your posts as having an "Accepted Solution" if a solution is found as it helps other forum users with the same issue – so don't be shy about marking it as a solution! Accepted solutions get viewed more and help more users find the answer to their problems. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Message 19 of 20
AmmarD
in reply to: utech.udara

The Youtube video shows that the suggested solution worked for Revit 2023.

For Revit 2022 you will need to follow the same steps but instead, consider OpenStudio v3.0.0 or v3.1.0.

I tried both versions, however, the first one had some issue as detailed here

Message 20 of 20
AmmarD

Finally, the issue is now resolved in Revit 2024 as indicated by Autodesk in this post. I also tried it and it worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report