Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2023: ACC: Can I not upload a file with the same name, so it will update the previous version?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
acarpenterYFUS2
419 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2023: ACC: Can I not upload a file with the same name, so it will update the previous version?

Revit 2023: ACC:

Can I not upload a file with the same name, so it will update the previous version?

We are using ACC for our use only. The Architect is sending us their model updates separately, and we are trying to update it's cloud model link counterpart with the same name, but ACC isn't letting us upload a file with the same name.

Are we not going to be able to upload each of the Architect's updates and it update the version of it's cloud model link counterpart?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RSomppi
in reply to: acarpenterYFUS2

@acarpenterYFUS2 wrote:

Revit 2023: ACC:

Can I not upload a file with the same name, so it will update the previous version?

No, you cannot.

@acarpenterYFUS2 wrote:

Are we not going to be able to upload each of the Architect's updates and it update the version of it's cloud model link counterpart?

You can do this by uploading the file without overwriting the previous one and then repathing to the new one with "Reload From".

Message 3 of 7
tim.ingle
in reply to: acarpenterYFUS2

@acarpenterYFUS2 you cannot update a cloud hosted file with the same name in ACC. When updating linked models from an architect or structural consultant we will delete the previous linked model from ACC then Save as Cloud Model for the new version of the linked model. In the main model, we then use Manage Links > Reload From to update the recently updated link.

The deleted models are still tracked in ACC and can be recovered if you need to roll back for any reason.

Message 4 of 7
RSomppi
in reply to: tim.ingle

By deleting the previous file before reloading from, you will lose visibility settings applied to the links, among other things that you may be doing with the link like copy/monitor.

Message 5 of 7
tim.ingle
in reply to: RSomppi

@RSomppi, deleting the model from ACC / BIM 360 (not from the main Revit model) does not remove any visibility overrides done in the main Revit model. The replaced model would have the same Element Ids and can be Reloaded From without issue (beyond what changed in the updated model, e.g. moved walls, structure, etc.).

The exception would be IFC links, as the Element Ids generated for geometry is constantly different. RVT files do not have this problem.

Message 6 of 7
RSomppi
in reply to: tim.ingle

@tim.ingle wrote:

@RSomppi, deleting the model from ACC / BIM 360 (not from the main Revit model) does not remove any visibility overrides done in the main Revit model.

It does for me in versions up to 2022 but I haven't tried it in a while. I always repath to the new file before deleting the old one.

Have you tried it?

Message 7 of 7

Awesome, thank you both!  I played it safe and uploaded the new version and did the "Reload From", before deleting the old one. It worked great... thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report