Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2020.1 MEP - EnergyPlus simulation did not generate a report for systems

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2855 Views, 11 Replies

Revit 2020.1 MEP - EnergyPlus simulation did not generate a report for systems

Hi Everybody,

I am trying new update 2020.1 and its new Systems Analysis feature.

I dont know how can I specify "zone equipment" for System-Zones.

I have weather location, revit geometry, spaces, space types, construction envelope specified, system for the whole model also. 

Thats my result right now: "EnergyPlus simulation did not generate a report for systems analysis."

Does anyone know how to use those new features?

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cwaluga
in reply to: Anonymous

A rough description can be found here: https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-A262F53F-B389-4846-89EF-5855F55476A5

Most of the functionality for defining zone equipment is in the analytical part of the systems browser (use the create buttons in the top right corner), except for the analytical zone sketch tool, which can be found in the calculation tab.

However, I did not yet manage to get anything useful out of it either. It would be really helpful to see an example or a tutorial.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: cwaluga

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I was testing it by myself and figured it out somehow.
However, I have big difficulty with creating correct analytical geometry.
After creating Energy model I receive many analytical spaces that does not
inherit values from the spaces and gives space type as a Building type.
Message 4 of 12
treemilla
in reply to: cwaluga

has anyone had any luck getting a report for HVAC systems loads and sizing from the energy simulation tab in revit 2020-1?  When I generate the report it takes asholw and seems to be doing something in the background and supposedly creates a report.  But the report just has this text - "EnergyPlus simulation did not generate a report for system analysis"

Message 5 of 12
RobDraw
in reply to: treemilla

Gotta cover the basics here. Do you have an energy model, yet? There is a fair amount of work and some settings that need to be addressed to get an energy model ready for analysis.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 6 of 12
treemilla
in reply to: RobDraw

I think I have an energy model.

I can see the blue boxes in the analytical spaces view (see attached).

Message 7 of 12
RobDraw
in reply to: treemilla

Have a look at the AKN article.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/EN...

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 12
treemilla

I have been able to clean up the "shades" in the model but I am still having issues with one area.  This project is a performing arts addition to an existing school.  The "Commons" area between the old and new is where I am still seeing shades and it doesn;t create any analytical spaces in this area either.  I have looked around for walls, roofs, floors, etc for continuity but still nothing.

Message 9 of 12
treemilla

here are my energy setting too.

Message 10 of 12
treemilla

Any ideas why I am still having issues with the eneergy model??

Message 11 of 12
lonelanrete

I also have same problem here. the energy model is OK and have no problem generating in Insight. heating/ cooling load analysis is also OK2020-05-13 (15).png2020-05-13 (16).png2020-05-13 (17).png2020-05-13 (18).png

But for system analysis it always shows no result

Message 12 of 12
mromagnoli

Dear community friends;

Dear friends of the community, finally I found a very simple solution to solve the error "EnergyPlus simulation did not generate a report for systems analysis" and I want to share it with us.

mromagnoli_0-1661005193426.png

Simply put, it is an update to the OpenStudio that Revit uses to process all Energy Analyses  🤔

👉Watch the following video for more details - https://youtu.be/jUtnFJKwHzE 👀

mromagnoli_4-1661005193549.png

If you found my comment useful or it was the solution to your problem, give it a Like and Mark it's a Solution!

Best wishes! 😎

Arq. Marco Romagnoli

AutoCAD Certified Professional | Revit Certified Professional | 3Ds Max Certified Professional | Fusion Certified User | Autodesk Certified Instructor | VRay Certified Instructor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report