Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2016 hangs at splash screen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
416 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2016 hangs at splash screen

So I have been working on Revit 2016 for months and now it suddenly hangs at the splash screen. I have tried reinstalling, updating all my drivers and installed all my updates. Every other version of Revit I have tried has worked (2014,2015,2018) and even the Revit 2016 viewer works but not revit 2016. I have seen several solutions for this problem but none of them I found have worked so far. I am not sure at this point what to do. Below is every solution I have tried:

Ran program as admin

Updated all drivers and versions of autocad/revit on machine

Emptied temp folder

Completely wiped revit and all residual files away

Reset the license

Ended WSCommCntr4.exe every time I tried to open it

Uninstalled every program and changed every setting on the computer changed since it stopped working

I've tried more than this but thats what I can remember. I am currently running windows 7.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

This question might be better suited for the installation & licensing forum.

See THIS thread on the Autodesk Knowledge network to see if some of those tips might help.

You also can have a look at your journal files to see if something is mentioned what causes the error.

See THIS link to find the location of your journal files.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Okay. Ill try it in that forum. I have been through all of the threads mentioned and none of those solutions have worked for me. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Try removing any addins.

Last time I had a major error with Revit which I couldn't explain, it was caused by an addin that somehow got corrupted along the way.

You can find more information on how to remove addins at:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I tried removing all addins and it was the same result.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report