Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Element too small on screen"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
m-de-lange
1452 Views, 3 Replies

"Element too small on screen"

The most RIDICULOUS error message ANY piece of designing/architecture software can give.

If i need to draw something smaller than 0.8mm i should be able to do so!

I get this message waaay too often when creating a generic annotation. It makes no sense AT ALL that Revit wouldn't allow me to draw a circle of 0.7 if i NEED it....

P.s. Make the circle 0.8, then resize it 0.7, that works... what is the point of the given error message then!

Please just remove this error message, if people want to make something as tiny as 0.005 mm they need to be able to do that.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: m-de-lange

If you were paying attention during your training, you would know that Revit has limitations in this aspect. Tbere is a minimum and zoom level also can limit how small you can go. Once you understand that, your frustrations will go away. If you can't understand that, maybe a different platform is in order.

If you are demanding a new feature in the program, there are much more appropriate forums for that. This is a user help forum. The complaint department is down the hall and to the left.

Good luck!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 4
m-de-lange
in reply to: RobDraw

The most ridiculous and nonsensical limitation i've ever come across in any software package.

It makes sense to you that I can't instantly draw a circle of 0.7mm but instead I have to make it 0.8 or bigger only to resize it down to 0.7??

Right.

Message 4 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: m-de-lange

I don't know what your problem is. It is a documented limitation of the software. You should know this, If it's not acceptable for you, use a different program.

Good luck!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report