Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick way to tag items with keynotes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
iainsavage
2306 Views, 3 Replies

Quick way to tag items with keynotes

I'm tagging a series of callouts and 3D views for a drainage scheme throughout a building, individual views for each room because the Architect has made every en-suite different.

Normally I would use pipe accessory tags etc and use the Tag All by category to speed things up a bit.

This time though, to keep tags consistent throughout the project and also to allow sheet specific legends to be used I decided to use keynotes, however I can't find a shortcut to allow multiple items to be tagged and I'm having to individually tag each item in all of the views.

Is there any quicker way of doing this with keynotes similar to the Tag All option for tags?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage

Since there have been no replies to this I am replying to myself and marking as solved only to take it off the list of unanswered queries.

I wrote :

I'm tagging a series of callouts and 3D views for a drainage scheme throughout a building...

Is there any quicker way of doing this with keynotes similar to the Tag All option for tags?

I am assuming the answer is “no” 

Message 3 of 4
jwinklerSB4SV
in reply to: iainsavage

You may want to look into multi-category tags.  Your choice of parameters will be limited to those that are common to all families.  I created a multi-category tag to display every parameter that was possible.  I called it super tag.  I use it to read every piece of info about inserted families.

I don't know a way to keynote tag all.  I think there is a 2-key alias for keynote tags though.

Message 4 of 4
iainsavage
in reply to: jwinklerSB4SV

Thanks.

For this particular project I decided to use keynotes so that I could have sheet specific legends.

I had used the KN shortcut and although it didn't take as long as I expected I just found it a bit boring and repetitive.

I have multi-category tags and type-specific tags for type comment and type mark etc. but they don't generate the legends. As far as I know though you can't "tag all" with the multi-category tag, only with type specific ones.

I've also in the past used a workaround with generic annotation symbols.

Thank you however for your comments.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report