Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Duct on Work Plane

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stu_bas
224 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with Duct on Work Plane

I am trying to join two pieces of duct together but I am unable to draw in the vertical axis and I keep getting the dreaded 'Can't draw because Work Plane is at a very sharp angle in this view' error message.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve (nothing complicated) and you can see how my work plane is set.

stu_bas_0-1699526247197.png

As soon as I try to draw the vertical duct I get this and the error message.

stu_bas_1-1699526418074.png

It looks like there is another plane active on the horizontal. Any ideas? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
iainsavage
in reply to: stu_bas

Cut a section and draw in that rather than working in 3D view.

Message 3 of 5
stu_bas
in reply to: iainsavage

Thanks very much. That did the trick. (I'm new at this)

Message 4 of 5
iainsavage
in reply to: stu_bas

My preference is to keep a couple of "working sections" which can be dragged around the model and kept open either as tabbed or tiled views. 3D views are good for visualisation but can be tricky for modelling in.

You can also draw vertically by starting one end of your pipe/duct then, whilst the command is still active, change the elevation value and Revit will model the element vertically from the starting to ending elevations.

You can also select two ducts/pipes and select "Routing Solutions" and Revit will suggest different ways of joining them together. Select the closest to your needs then you can modify the elements if you want.

iainsavage_0-1699532003342.png

iainsavage_1-1699532072168.png

Message 5 of 5
stu_bas
in reply to: iainsavage

Thanks for the tips!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report