Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Inserting CAD File into specific view in Revit

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
406 Views, 3 Replies

Problem Inserting CAD File into specific view in Revit

Hello!

I am attempting to insert a CAD file into my Revit file in a particular floor plan. Whenever I try to insert the file - no matter what elevation I choose to insert it at and no matter what view I'm in at the moment - it always inserts at the lowest elevation. Because of this, I have to go to my 3D view in order to see it. I'm fairly new to Revit, so maybe I'm just missing something?

Any advice helps!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just curious, in your link/import dialog box, does the "place at" option indicate the correct level where you want to place the file?

Capture.JPG

If this resolves your issue, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION to enhance the forum.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I've tried inserting my CAD file with different levels selected in that box and no matter what level it is (ex: level 8) it will still insert my file at level 1.

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN

Open the floor plan view of that level and link the CAD file in.  If it is supposed to be in that view only then check the box Current View only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report