Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing very slow

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
865 Views, 4 Replies

printing very slow

we just went through printing a medium size set, lets say just under 100 drawings. revit is processing them very slowly, many of the users think its crashing but it is not, just painfully slow. is this an option or a hardware thing, possibly the local network speeds?

-
alan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you plotting directly to the plotter, or to a file?
We plot our drawings to PDF's, then have a utility to select all of the PDF's and send them to the printer. Much faster this way.

Scott Womack
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

yeah. we are plotting to pdf also. just as slow as if we send to plotter. one of the reasons i prefer the plotter for our deliverables is that our pdf software, blubeam, does not pick up on the opaque regions of boxes such as those of a text or tag box so the background blends into these objects.

-
alan
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

We're using a full version of Acrobat, which creates a PDF printer. That is how we are producing the PDF's. We have not seen the issue you are describing. I just "printed" 105 full size pDF's and it took about 40 minutes. Not great, but acceptable.

Scott Womack
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Checked vector or raster setting in Print Setup dialogue box....?  I think vector processes faster.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report