Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Elbow wont choose 45 or 90 correctly

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
dtiemeyer
3644 Views, 15 Replies

Pipe Elbow wont choose 45 or 90 correctly

I started with a manufacturers elbow, but would like it to allow for easy drafting of both 90s and 45s. However whenever I put it into play, only the 'default' angle will 'auto-route'. If you try to draw a 45 (through placing pipes to have the 45 auto-inserted) it will fail if 90 is the default, and vice versa - even though all the parameters necessary are there to build the part.  the IsCustom checkbox seems to have no bearing on it.  How are 'auto-insertion' settings determined?

Does anybody have suggestions for this fitting?

RMEP 2015

Thanks!

Dustin

Happy Halloween Robot Happy

Spoiler

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
fabiosato
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Check in the connectors angle parameter, they should be assigned to the geometry angle parameter.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
dtiemeyer
in reply to: fabiosato

Hi Fabiosato,

That worked! I never noticed that connectors had an angle setting. Cheers!

Dustin

Message 4 of 16
www.TechRoom.bg
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Did you find the solution?

If problem still exist i can try to edit your rfa.

Eng. Iliev L.             

⁞|⁞ BIM Implementer, Project & BIM Manager, Coordinator, MEP Engineer

⁞|⁞ http://www.TechRoom.bg

Message 5 of 16
CharlesGoin

in the fitting of the routing..?
Message 6 of 16
dtiemeyer
in reply to: CharlesGoin

There is an angle setting for each connector, inside the family (rfa) file.

Message 7 of 16
Bishesh.M

I assigned the parameter angle between the connectors in a Tee that I created, but after I loaded into the project, the connector of the Tee turns towards the opposite direction. For ex: if i start a pipe from the tee at an Angle = 45° from the primary connector, the tee turns at 135° from the primary connector. Is there something I need to flip or constrain for this to work correctly? 

Right now, I have created another parameter that is = 180 - Angle and used it to set the angle between the connectors, and now the tee works. But I would like to find out why it didn't work without having to create the second angle parameter. 

Thanks

Message 8 of 16
fabiosato
in reply to: Bishesh.M

Hello,

The angle measurement for the central branch is different from the elbow.

The tee branch should be downwards, and the angle must be set from the horizontal reference plane to the branch axis and be placed in the right side.

The angle value must be set only to the central branch, the other two must be zero.

Fábio Sato
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 16
Bishesh.M

Thanks for your response, that worked. I did have the angle set on the right side but it was below the horizontal plane i.e. between the right side and the central(pointing downwards) so that was the issue. Just had to set it above the horizontal plane. 

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Just started Revit and am experiencing the same issue, using a manufacturers pipe fittings and not getting the 45 and 90 degree fittings to work.  I see the solution, but don't understand where to find the angle parameter or how to assign it to geometry angle.

Message 11 of 16
fabiosato
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

You can check this video 

Fábio Sato

EESignature

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

I'm running into a similar situation here. I have a 90-45 elbow in where if I input any angle on the actual family the elbow works fine but when I use it as part of the routing preferences it only work with 90 degree and not with 45. If I do a 45 it insert the elbow in a total different position. 

Message 13 of 16
fabiosato
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I found a small problem in the family, the pipe connector pointing to the left should be set as primary, and in your family is was not.

Attached the revised family.

Fábio Sato

EESignature

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

Excellent, thank you so much!!!

Message 15 of 16

I'm trying to modify 90 degrees elbow family, to make it 45 degrees, with an adjustable radius. Everything inside the family editor works fine, however, when I'm trying to apply the elbow in a project, it tilts and shifts pipes, causing errors (see the attached screenshot). Can't get what's wrong and what I'm missing out. 

1.jpg

Message 16 of 16

Hello,

Please check the revised family; the intersection point of the two pipe axes must be the family origin.

Bend Radius * tan (Angle/2) is the necessary formula to calculate the offset for this distance in the x direction.

Fábio Sato

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report