Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old modeling = slow performance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joe.miller
284 Views, 4 Replies

Old modeling = slow performance

I am working on a project in REVIT 2017 that has a lot of PVC sanitary piping shown. We have been working on this project for about 1 year. Anytime I go to select an object that has been in the project for several months it takes approx. 10 seconds just for that items to highlight. Anything that is newly modeled selects like normal. So much for REVIT productivity

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BiMBoXiT
in reply to: joe.miller

If you not considering or doing the calculation change the option instead of "flow only" to "None"

This also one of the main reason Revit performing slow. 

1. Clean unwanted elements and do audit 
  2. Warning Errors to be resolved 
  3. Check your workstation Hardware 

Snap1.JPG

BiM BoXiT
Message 3 of 5
chris.kershaw

As above turning off system Calculations is a big one for performance as is removing all errors. Also how often do you re create your central file?

We do this ever 2 weeks. Detach your model from central then save as & overwrite your original central file selecting the compact file option. this reduces files size which should also help in running speed 

Message 4 of 5
joe.miller
in reply to: chris.kershaw

I would think that re-creating the central file would be a big hassle since all of our work is now done on the cloud. I could be wrong though.

Message 5 of 5
RobDraw

Have you done any file maintenance at all?

Running an audit and compacting the file could help.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report