Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No auto-route solution found only when continuing to draw pipe

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
perttu.valtonen7T5TT
1121 Views, 4 Replies

No auto-route solution found only when continuing to draw pipe

I've encountered weird problem with custom made basic elbow and Autodesk created fitting families. Elbow fitting works fine and as expected when you start to draw from a scratch and does any angle and size wanted / needed. Problem appears when you start to draw again with Draw pipe selected either from ribbon panel or directly from one end of pipe. If the first connecting angle is any other than 0 or 90 degrees Revit will give no auto-route solution found error and won't connect those pipes. If started with 0, pipe will extend nicely and then drawing tool will work perfectly at any given angle. Same thing with 90 degrees, 90 degree elbow will appear and after that all the angles will work.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and found a solution for this? I have few ready made fittings that work fine, but I can't figure out what is the key difference between them and our own made family that makes them work. As I mentioned for example Autodesks own fitting family will replicate this same error.

For additional info (and if it matters) I've modeled my own fitting basically following this tutorial; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT9g-f_DMI . I've also made lookup table with real world values and they work fine when starting to draw from a scratch as I mentioned.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: perttu.valtonen7T5TT

use systems default template 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: perttu.valtonen7T5TT

have you got the Connectors Angle parameter associated to an instance family angle parameter?

Message 4 of 5
perttu.valtonen7T5TT
in reply to: Anonymous

I've advanced a bit in this case when fiddling around with these fittings. I created fittings using connector with radial and diameter parameters. When using radial (the first versions) these problems appeared mostly in 2017 but when tested in 2018.2 they worked fine for the first time after I loaded them into the project or edited and reloaded them. The second time Revit gave the same error again.

Now I have used only diameter parameter to control the connector and this seems to be working fine both in 2017 and 2018 versions. I think the whole problem was related to this and our pipe types or some random bug in the software under certain configuration. So this matter has been solved and my fittings work well with size given with diameter parameter.

Message 5 of 5

Hi! After a long time trying I discovered some work-around for this. Simple load these families (from the icon "Load Autodesk Family") into your project and then create an instance of each in your model. So, after this, you can delete the instances (not the families) you've created and it should work properly. It must be some kind of bug from Revit, I don't know.

tiagofrbr_0-1728758755978.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report