Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical equipment selection distance.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
490 Views, 6 Replies

Mechanical equipment selection distance.

Hey all,

Is there a way to reduce the distance my curser has to be away from mechanical equipment for it to be selectable?

In the image below the FCU is highlighted even though I am not hovering over it with the curser. When I took this picture the curser was where the orange box is.

kjohnsonLRG33_0-1591391303299.png

kjohnsonLRG33_1-1591391368527.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you saying that the cursor needs to be away from the element in order to select it or it is selectable all the way out to that area?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

No, I can select it just fine, the problem is when I try to select an item next to it. I often have to temporarily hide the FCU to grab items next to it. 

In the image below, I am hovering the curser over the AP, but if I try to select it, the curser grabs the FCU next to it. 

kjohnsonLRG33_0-1591395976876.png

Message 4 of 7
RobDraw

There's something in the FCU family that is hidden in the view. My first guess is a clearance region but that doesn't seem appropriate here. Can you please share the family?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

see attached

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Your right, it was the darn clearances

Message 7 of 7
iainsavage

A workaround for this is to pin the FCU and then set the selection locks to ignore pinned elements. That saves having to hide and unhide. You can also use “select all instances” to select all of the FCUs and pin or unpin in one go. That’s how I usually get around this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report