Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking up 2 parameters in Lookup table error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
985 Views, 8 Replies

Looking up 2 parameters in Lookup table error

So I've tried this a multitude of ways. I keep getting an error on the radius of these Horizontal Tee Lookup tables. Obviously I'm missing something. I tried inputting all of the possible radius combinations, but that didn't help either. Any ideas... I've attached the csv and the family.. It works fine with all VIB, VOB, but I can't seem to get the HTee working.

Thanks for any help.. 

TeeTest2.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Check one of the families in the Autodesk library (here "Tee - Generic.rfa" from the UK library)  how it is organized.

You can see that a lookup table is imported into the family

Also it contains a parameter to the lookup table (i.e. Lookup Table Name).

Capture.PNG

In your case the manage lookup table is empty

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Well, I imported the T.csv into the family. I unload it because of the error the size_lookup gives me. I'm not sure what the problem is. I see your syntax and understand it. I must be overlooking something.

Thanks for looking at it.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Any ideas from the experts? Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 9
r_bogers

Like L. Maas said.

You need to import the LookUp table in your family and work with a parameter for the lookup. See snippets below:

image.png

And this:

image.png

Extract info from lookuptable like this:

image.png

Another thing I got problems with in the beginning, is the right format of the .csv file.

Try use the added file, and adjust it for your values.

Another thing I see.

You have text values (G and V) in your lookuptable.

Lookuptable can only be used for length parameters, NOT for text. Only position text can be used is the first column.

See topic below for more info:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/family-types-not-changing-in-revit/td-p/8280499

Message 6 of 9
talalaevd
in reply to: r_bogers

@r_bogers  написал (-а):

Lookuptable can only be used for length parameters, NOT for text. Only position text can be used is the first column.

Not certainly in that way. Starting with the 2018 version size_lookup can be used for TEXT parameters from any column. 

Дмитрий Талалаев
Эксперт BIM2B
Блог
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: talalaevd

Yes I've been using lookup "BOM" which is BOM##Other## from other columns with no problem.

I had two problems which I have resolved. One is the Horizontal Tee has 4 radius on the pull down. I had to list the Lookup Table on each one. Also on my T Main Width and my T Sec Width I had it as 0'-6" instead of changing it to decimal inches. Now it works great. Thanks so much for the help.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
talalaevd

Hi stevealexander311.

In ScreenCast video i show in what is your problem and how you can fix it.

Дмитрий Талалаев
Эксперт BIM2B
Блог
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 9
r_bogers
in reply to: talalaevd

That's a good development! Did not know that!

I'am building my current families in release 2017, there it's not possible! ggrrrr haha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report